By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Times ReportersTimes Reporters
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
    • Economy
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • About Us
  • Bookmarks
Search
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Join Us
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
© 2024 Times Reporters | All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Atiku Blames Rising Incidents Of Terrorism On Government’s Lacklustre Posture To Hold Firmly On Frontline
Share
Sign In
Notification Show More
Latest News
Kidnapped Cameroonian Women: Anambra Police Recover Two Bodies, Intensify Search for Third Victim
Insecurity Metro News
Business mogul praises author’s books as timely, transformative
Civil Society Organisations Metro News
Group mourns the exit of popular Islamic leader Sheikh Bauchi
Metro News Politics Religion
Community-Centred Policing Restores Calm in Anambra, Says Commissioner
Crime Insecurity Legal/Courts Metro News
Chiggy Nsofor Foundation Celebrates Cohort 2 Graduation of Skill Scale-Up Project
Awards and Recognitions Civil Society Organisations Education Labour Metro News Youths
Aa
Times ReportersTimes Reporters
Aa
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • About Us
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • About Us
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Join Us
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
© 2024 Times Reporters | All Rights Reserved.
Times Reporters > News > Crime > Atiku Blames Rising Incidents Of Terrorism On Government’s Lacklustre Posture To Hold Firmly On Frontline
CrimeInsecurityNews

Atiku Blames Rising Incidents Of Terrorism On Government’s Lacklustre Posture To Hold Firmly On Frontline

Publisher
By Publisher Published July 1, 2024
Share
2 Min Read
Atiku Abubakar 2011 President campaign Photo by www.mortenfauerby.dk ©mortenfauerby 2010 - all rights reserved
SHARE

Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar has decried the resurfacing and spread of terrorism in the North East.

Atiku, who blamed the government’s lackluster posture for the spread, added that “it is a sad development that the ugly incidents of terrorism are resurfacing and, indeed, metastasising in the North-East.”

Atiku, in his Facebook page, condemned the reported attack by suicide bombers at a wedding reception, funeral procession, and a hospital on Saturday, adding that such development stands condemned.

He said: “It is unfortunate that much of the pushback that had been achieved against the Boko Haram terror sect are being cancelled, owing mainly to the government’s lacklustre posture to hold firmly on the frontline.”

Charging the federal government to wake up and take its responsibility seriously, Atiku said, “It is thus important to call on the federal authorities to wake up to their responsibility and to make sure that the North-East does not slide back into a theatre of terrorism and extreme violence.”

Atiku, however, sympathized with the family of the victims of the attack, adding, “my condolences go to the families of victims of these attacks, and it is my prayer that God grants a peaceful repose to the souls of the departed.”

Like this:

Like Loading...

Related

You Might Also Like

Kidnapped Cameroonian Women: Anambra Police Recover Two Bodies, Intensify Search for Third Victim

Business mogul praises author’s books as timely, transformative

Group mourns the exit of popular Islamic leader Sheikh Bauchi

Community-Centred Policing Restores Calm in Anambra, Says Commissioner

Chiggy Nsofor Foundation Celebrates Cohort 2 Graduation of Skill Scale-Up Project

TAGGED: Bandits, Terrorism

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.

By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Publisher July 1, 2024
Share this Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Telegram Email Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article DEADLY INVASION IN BWARI: Bandits strike, leaving one dead, four kidnapped
Next Article Heavy Rain Devastates Yobe: 3 Perish, 50 Homes Reduced to Rubble!
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Stay Connected

Facebook Like
Twitter Follow
Instagram Follow
Youtube Subscribe
Telegram Follow

– Member of –

- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Kidnapped Cameroonian Women: Anambra Police Recover Two Bodies, Intensify Search for Third Victim
Insecurity Metro News November 29, 2025
Business mogul praises author’s books as timely, transformative
Civil Society Organisations Metro News November 29, 2025
Group mourns the exit of popular Islamic leader Sheikh Bauchi
Metro News Politics Religion November 29, 2025
Community-Centred Policing Restores Calm in Anambra, Says Commissioner
Crime Insecurity Legal/Courts Metro News November 29, 2025

You Might also Like

InsecurityMetroNews

Kidnapped Cameroonian Women: Anambra Police Recover Two Bodies, Intensify Search for Third Victim

November 29, 2025
Civil Society OrganisationsMetroNews

Business mogul praises author’s books as timely, transformative

November 29, 2025
MetroNewsPoliticsReligion

Group mourns the exit of popular Islamic leader Sheikh Bauchi

November 29, 2025
CrimeInsecurityLegal/CourtsMetroNews

Community-Centred Policing Restores Calm in Anambra, Says Commissioner

November 29, 2025
Times ReportersTimes Reporters
Follow US

© 2024 Times Reporters | Deigned by AuspiceWeb Graphics. All Rights Reserved.

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Join Us
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
Join Us!

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news!

Zero spam, Unsubscribe at any time.

Removed from reading list

Undo
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?
%d